2011年3月29日火曜日

18 days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.


I bought a new mobile phone last week.
My old one didn’t receive earthquake early warnings.

The new phone sounds an alarm every time an emergency earthquake alert is issued.

Even if I am fast asleep, my phone will wake me up a little bit before the earthquake occurs.

In addition, my old phone’s battery had been running out too fast.

I decide to buy a new mobile phone every three years at least.

There were some people who phoned for help while under the rubble after the Earthquakes.

My cell-phone charms are a small flash light and a whistle.

If a massive earthquake occurred and I’m buried under the rubble, I would search for an exit in the dark with my flashlight. You might say you would use your cell phone’s backlight, but the battery life is precious under the circumstances. I would use my flashlight.

If there is not an exit, I would use my whistle to alert the rescue team to my position. Nine days after the Earthquake, a 16 year old boy and his grandmother were found in their ruined kitchen. He said he had heard the rescue workers, but the rescuers didn’t hear his voice for days.

Can you imagine that you cry out for help in the dark and the rescue team doesn’t hear you?

I think there may have been many people who cried out for help, but usually people cannot cry loud enough.

I’ve had this whistle for years. When I saw the movie “Titanic”, the heroine blew a whistle for help, I thought I should have a whistle with me.

I really recommend that you should have one. Really.






Thank you.



JumboP26, Koir, thanks for helping!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿