2011年3月14日月曜日

Three days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.


Three days have passed. We still have many aftershocks here.



The Prime Minister of Japan announced that they are starting rolling blackouts in the northern half of Japan last night, but not when they start.


This morning, many commuters were surprised to learn many trains weren't running. The people made long lines around stations in the capital region.


I checked the internet and they said these rolling blackouts will continue until the end of April and possibly into summer.


I thought I needed a big bucket to flush the toilet because it doesn’t work when blackouts happen. So I went to a supermarket nearby.


There were so many people around the shop, something I hadn’t seen before. Too many people were in the supermarket, and many were walking.


I think they started buying up food because they had learned many factories had stopped and that food would be scarce.


My first priority was not food but a big bucket. I left there and went to a small local hardware store. Since the shop is small, I believed there would not be too many people and they would not have sold all their buckets.


Bingo!


There were only a few people buying small tanks. I was able to find a big bucket!


One hour from now, the blackout will be here.






Thank you!





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_blackout





Koir, thank you as always!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿