2011年3月15日火曜日

Four days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.




Four days have passed since the Earthquakes occurred. Japan is at the edge of a radioactive accident now. The leaking radioactivity level is increasing. I believe this is more serious than the earthquakes.
In addition, as most power plants have stopped and the Government is enforcing planned outages, the capital region is in total confusion.


Last night, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) didn’t tell where and when today’s blackouts would be happening.
At about 4 AM this morning, an earthquake occurred which woke me up. I turned on the TV to check the epicenter and the intensity, and saw that the blackout would be from 6:20 AM to 10 AM in this area today.
They should have informed us earlier! Other people must have thought the same. The gross incompetence of TEPCO has disrupted many factories, shops, train services and many other economic activities.

Since 4 AM is too early to slip out of bed, I fell back to sleep. Three hours later, I got up thinking the blackout would be on but it wasn't. Then, it was almost 10 o'clock with the light still on, so I thought there might not be a blackout today. I went to a supermarket.

There was a long line of shoppers waiting to enter the building. Batteries, flashlights, candles, portable gas stoves, small gas canisters, rice, pot noodles, bottled water, milk, eggs, bread and some other things had been sold out already.
My first priority was cat food today, and I was able to buy three bags of it. I also bought some bacon and rice cakes on impulse.
When I got home, it was almost 11 AM, the blackout had not yet started.

But then, a city office vehicle was driving down the road beside my house announcing that the blackout would be from 11 AM to 2 PM. It was only five minutes to 11 AM.
Again, they should have informed us earlier! How could they change their plans so randomly?

The electric company has been saying that there would not be radiation leakage any more, but the situation is getting worse. Is TEPCO knocking Japan down!?




Thank you!



Koir and Gkuchoh, thanks!!

2 件のコメント:

  1. You live next to Tokyo. You are in great danger. In Poland, we know they have problems in everyday life. Thank you for having found the strength to write what is happening in your area.
    I wish you strength and perseverance.
    Yours
    Jarek

    返信削除